I love cherry blossoms. I lovelovelovelovelovelovelove cherry blossoms.
I’ve been plotting a cherry blossom tattoo for years but have yet to come up with the right design. I wear cherry blossom perfume. A lot of my art centers around cherry blossoms AND we have antique cherry blossom stuff all over my house (courtesy of my husband!)
There is an annual cherry blossom festival at Branchbrook Park, which is close to Christinatown.
I remember going there as a kid. The park is lined with trees which explode in beautiful, rich pinks and bright whites. The flowers only last for a couple of weeks, so people from all over come to catch a glimpse.
So in anxious anticipation of warm weather and my favorite flower, I went hunting for some cherry blossom inspired goodies and pasted my findings below. I hope you enjoy them!
1. Cherry Blossom vinyl purse from Kitty Empire.
2. Cherry Blossom Wren from SeaPinks
3. Two of my favorite things! An owl in a cherry blossom tree from Marlicat!
4. A hand-drawn cherry blossom pendant I made a couple of years ago. I am inspired to make some more!
5. Beautiful hand-painted teacups and saucers from MaryWibis.
6. Amber from Hoot-N-Annie’s has this ultra-cool iPhone case (… which of course, I needed to track down and purchase for myself…)
7. Me as a kid with my mom at the Cherry Blossom festival.
8. A picture from the Cherry Blossom festival last year right by my house! (Taken by moi)
PS – Does anyone else have obessions like this? Or am I totally insane?